Our Quality Assurance Analyst work to validate all the software our development teams produce. Across our development teams we release software daily with many projects having different approaches to quality assurance. We use a variety of tools and techniques to employ the most appropriate quality assurance processes for each of our projects. Our projects continually change, and all our software testers are responsible to the continual improvement of our testing practices.
- Test Execution and defect management, according to commitments.
- Participate in all aspects of QA within the company implementing approaches and strategies for the software development lifecycle.
- Identify software problems during testing, determine steps to reproduce them and follow up
- Provide walkthrough of test plan/approach to the development team and stakeholders
- Build clear, concise, and complete test-related documentation
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts
- Consulting with teams about their testing strategies and discussing appropriate solutions.
- Embracing workflow management software to track development work and defects. We use Jira.
- Being comfortable in a dynamic environment with lots of projects requiring support from the software testing team.
- Understanding the value of testing in different environments, including ephemeral environments.
- Mentoring future software testers who join
- Automation testing/coding experience would be a plus
- Experience on exploratory testing and test design techniques would be a plus
Things you will need to know about:
- The Testing Triangle, TDD, BDD and gherkin syntax.
- Black Box testing
- Basic programming knowledge/query language
- Good understanding of testing tools such as Selenium, Charles Proxy, Git and JMeter
- ISTQB or other software testing certifications would be an advantage
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether it is spoken, written or collaboration over documentation.
- ...and most importantly - a willingness and ability to learn new things!
- Attention for detail, good time and tasks management skills
- Good understanding of Excel for writing QA reports
- Be passionate about testing
- Try their best
- Actively participate in shaping their team
- Be considerate and inclusive of other team members
- Work with members of other teams and proactively help coordinate efforts across teams
- Help us continually improve in any ways we can. We love to hear new perspectives and ideas.
- Welcome management, but also be comfortable working independently
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 11:00 – 20:00
Our Mauritius office is very light and spacious, with a warm atmosphere! If you hold a Diploma or Degree in the related discipline, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
The Rank Group are committed to being an inclusive employer, ensuring that we better understand and meet the needs and requirements of our candidates and customers.
We aim to do this by facilitating fair and equal access to our services. If you require a reasonable adjustment to be made, please reach out to let us know ahead of your interview